Sep 30, 2020
AUT 145 - Engine Performance
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the diagnosis of various performance problems using the appropriate diagnostic equipment and diagnostic manuals. Logical thinking is also included in the course.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Scan Tool Operation
- On Board Diagnostics II
- Emissions Related Sensors and Operation
- Emissions Related Output Devices and Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Discover the major systems related to engine performance.
- Summarize the major systems associated with engine performance.
- Facilitate test equipment selection, setup, and test procedures for engine performance testing.
- Retrieve data from test equipment and diagnose faults.
- Relate how different types of inputs affect engine operation.
- Relate how different types of outputs affect engine operation.
- Defend the need for emission control systems.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus