Jan 18, 2021
AUT 156 - Automotive Diagnosis and Repair
Class: 2 Lab: 6 Credits: 4
This is a basic course for general diagnostic procedures and minor repairs.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Maintenance Procedures
- Light Repair Procedures
- Brake Repairs
- Steering and Suspension Repairs
- Tire and Wheel Balancing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to use service literature to assist in testing and diagnosis.
- Explain power brake operation.
- Summarize anti-lock brake systems.
- Perform brake system diagnosis and repairs.
- Illustrate how to properly diagnose wheel alignment concerns.
- Demonstrate the proper wheel alignment procedure.
- Complete CV joint, bearing and seal service.
- Employ the correct wheel and tire service and repair techniques.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus