Jan 18, 2021
AUT 160 - Introduction to Automotive Technology
Class: 1 Credits: 1
This course is an introduction to the automotive field, including an introduction to the different automotive fields available such as automotive technician, shop foreman, service manager, shop owner, etc.
Corequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Careers in the Automotive Service Industry
- Hand Tools
- Vehicle Lifting and Hoisting
- Measuring System and Tools
- Working as a Professional Technician
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate safe work habits.
- Determine proper application of automotive fasteners, seals, and gaskets.
- Identify automotive service occupations, terminology, components, and systems.
- Demonstrate appropriate shop manual and service publication.
- Employ basic maintenance, vehicle pre-delivery, and service techniques.
- Demonstrate appropriate tool selection and usage.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus