Jan 17, 2021
AUT 221 - Suspension & Steering Diagnosis
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the diagnosis and repair of front and rear suspension, using suspension diagnostic charts, shop manuals, and alignment equipment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Tires and Wheels
- TPMS Systems
- Front Suspension Service
- Rear Suspension Service
- Wheel Alignments
- Power Assisted Steering Systems
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Diagnose and repair suspension concerns.
- Diagnose and repair manual/power steering concerns.
- Perform wheel alignment procedures.
- Interpret alignment angles given while using alignment equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electronic steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair electronic suspension system.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus