Sep 30, 2020
AUT 231 - Automotive Electronics
Class: 4 Credits: 4
This course includes the study of solid state devices, microprocessors, and complete diagnostics using the latest available equipment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Networking and Multiplexing
- Electronic Diagnosis
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize the major systems, and list their components, associated with solid state control.
- Illustrate schematic of the sensing devices used in solid state control devices.
- Perform voltage, current, and resistance calculations on solid state devices.
- Perform test equipment setup, hookup, and test procedures for measuring solid state components.
- Diagnose and repair faulty components using the symptom to system, system to component, component to cause diagnostic procedures.
- Identify the microprocessor control components and their function.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus