Feb 27, 2021
AUT 232 - Automotive Accessories
Class: 2 Credits: 2
This course is a study of devices and systems considered accessories by the automotive industry. Study includes windshield wiper systems, power door locks, windows and seats, radios, and clocks.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Accessory Circuits
- Air Bags and Pretensioners
- Driver Information and Navigation Systems
- Lighting and Signaling Circuits
- Systems listed in course description
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Diagnose supplemental restraint system (SRS) concerns.
- Diagnose and repair dash instrument concerns.
- Diagnose and repair concerns in various automotive accessories circuits.
- Diagnose and repair audio system concerns.
- Solve power window circuit malfunctions.
- Repair electronically controlled windshield wiper systems.
- Distinguish the operating characteristics of adaptive cruise control and how to diagnose and repair those systems.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus