Sep 30, 2020
AUT 251 - Automatic Transmission Overhaul
Class: 4 Lab: 3 Credits: 5
This course is an advanced study of transmission overhaul procedures, including proper overhaul procedures used to repair overdrive transmissions and transaxles.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Principles
- Hydraulic Components and Controls
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnosis
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Electronic Controls
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Unit Repair
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and correct Hydraulic and Mechanical Automatic Transmission concerns.
- Perform Automatic Transmission Disassembly-Overhaul-Reassembly procedures.
- Diagnose and repair Electronic Automatic Transmission concerns.
- Explain how a torque converter can transmit and multiply engine torque.
- Differentiate between the different types of planetary gearsets.
- Illustrate power flow through a typical automatic transmission.
- Distinguish the differences between holding and driving devices in a typical automatic transmission.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus