Sep 30, 2020
AUT 262 - Advanced Automotive Diagnosis and Repair
Lab: 12 Credits: 4
This course is an advanced study of the proper diagnostic and repair procedures required on newer computerized automobiles, including scan tool and digital multi-meter operation.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Electrical Circuit Diagnosis and Repair
- Electronic Devices Diagnosis and Repair
- Electrical Tools
- Scan Tool Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Differentiate between the different types of self-tests.
- Subdivide the different types of code outputs.
- Diagnose intermittent concerns using enhanced testing equipment.
- Subdivide the different types of input sensors.
- Subdivide the different types of output components.
- Show the ability to diagnose problems caused by failed or out of range inputs.
- Show the ability to diagnose problems caused by failed or out of range outputs.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus