Oct 28, 2020
ENG 100 - Introduction to Composition
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of basic writing and different modes of composition and may include a review of usage. Non-degree credit
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 .
- Basic sentence structure
- Evaluating and editing written passages
- Paragraph writing
- Essay writing
- Summary writing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Notebook paper
- Pocket stapler
- Index cards (optional)
- A USB drive/flash drive
- Access to a computer
- College-level dictionary
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify, label, and correct errors in basic sentence structure errors.
- Assess a paragraph for correct grammar.
- Recognize and identify the parts of a correctly structured traditional college essay.
- Compose a five paragraph essay, using MLA format.
- Outline a reading selection and compose a summary, using MLA format and documentation.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus