Sep 29, 2020
MAT 031 - Developmental Mathematics Basics
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the study of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios, and proportions. Concepts are applied to real-world problem solving.
- Whole Numbers (without a calculator)
- Fractions (without a calculator)
- Decimals (without a calculator)
- Ratio and Proportion (without a calculator)
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Loose-leaf notebook
- Paper and pencils
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
F 0 - 69
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Solve problems involving whole numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division of fractions and mixed numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving decimals without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion without a calculator.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus