Nov 24, 2020
MAT 032 - Developmental Mathematics
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the study of integers, rational numbers, percents, basic statistics, measurement, geometry, and basic algebra concepts. Application skills are emphasized.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 031 with a minimum grade of “C” or placement score range of 237-249
- Signed Numbers
- Introduction to Algebra
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Loose-leaf notebook
- Paper and pencils
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
F 0 - 69
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Solve problems involving rational numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving basic algebra.
- Solve problems involving percents.
- Solve problems involving measurements.
- Solve problems involving geometry.
- Solve problems involving basic statistics.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus