Sep 18, 2020
MAT 152 - Elementary Algebra
Class: 5 Credits: 5
This course includes the following topics: operations with signed numbers and algebraic expression; solving linear equations; factoring; and an introduction to graphing.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 032 and RDG 032 .
- Performing operations with signed numbers
- Solving linear equations
- Graphing linear equations
- Completing operations with powers
- Factoring algebraic expressions
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Scientific calculator may be used beginning with Chapter 2.
Any other device must be approved by the instructor of the course.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform operations with signed numbers using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division without the use of a calculator.
- Solve linear equations using operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points or using slope/intercept.
- Complete operations with powers using rules for exponents.
- Factor polynomials using the most appropriate factoring strategy.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus