Jan 18, 2021
ACC 240 - Computerized Accounting
Class: 3 Lab: 0 Credits: 3
This course is a study of using the compuer to design and implement various accounting functions, including financial transactions, records, statements, reports and documents. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and spreadsheet software will be used for the presentation and manipulation of financial information.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 101 or ACC 111 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Set-up and overview of SAP software
- Accounting for Sales and Purchases
- Automating the Sales Process
- Bank Reconciliation
- Concepts Relating to Warehouse Management
- Inventory and Supply Chain
- Financial Reports
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Textbook and computer access
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Complete procedure for overview of SAP software.
- Prepare accounting information for Sales, Purchasing and Inventory in SAP software
- Prepare budgets and track related procedures
- Create reports for decision making and export to spreadsheet
- Complete procedure for tracking inventory
- Prepare financial statements.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus