Jan 17, 2021
AGR 232 - Agriculture Greenhouse Production
Class: 3 Lab: 0 Credits: 3
This course is the study of commercial agriculture greenhouse production techniquest and facility management. Emphasis will be give to various industry production techniques such as hydroponics, aquaponics, microgreens and vegetable starts.
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 032 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Basic greenhouse structures, components and technology is covered.
- Commercial production of vegetable starters, hydroponics, microgreens, aquaponics, etc…are discussed.
- Commercial agriculture greenhouse business management is examined.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Design an agriculture greenhouse, using proper structural components, environmental control equipment, benching systems, and mechanized equipment to successfully start and grow plants.
- Demonstrate how to successfully grow vegetables using multiple production techniques.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to start and manage an agriculture greenhouse business.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus