Sep 30, 2020
ART 202 - Ceramics
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
this course is a study of historical investigation of an introduction to design basics, techniques, and processes unique to the construction of clay forms. Processes include hand building and wheel throwing, clay mixing, firing, glazing, and embellishment.
Prerequisite(s): Take ART 122 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Hand Building
- Wheel Throwing
- Clay Mixing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
Ceramics Supplies. (The instructor will provide a list of required supplies the first day of class.)
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify, use and explain the basic vocabulary and concepts associated with ceramics.
- Create projects that demonstrate a working knowledge of the elements of art, principles of design, and basic ceramics materials and processes.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills thorugh formal analysis, critique, and self-assessment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus