Oct 03, 2022
MAT 031 - Developmental Mathematics Basics
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the study of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios, and proportions. Concepts are applied to real-world problem solving.
- Whole Numbers (without a calculator)
- Fractions (without a calculator)
- Decimals (without a calculator)
- Ratio and Proportion (without a calculator)
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Loose-leaf notebook
- Paper and pencils
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
F 0 - 69
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Solve problems involving whole numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division of fractions and mixed numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving decimals without a calculator.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion without a calculator.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus