Jun 18, 2019
AMT 121 - Introduction to Composite Manufacturing
Class: 2 Credits: 2
This course is an overview of typical composite materials manufacturing practices.
- Carbon and glass composites
- Vacuum infusion
- Resins and polymerization reactions
- Composite manufacturing equipment and consumables
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Safety Glasses
- Calculator-(TI-30xa preferred)
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Summarize the need for and increasing demand for composite manufacturing.
- Describe the equipment needed to perform carbonization processing and vacuum infusions.
- Outline the operating parameters and conditions that facilitate successful carbonization and vacuum infusions.
- Describe the work flow in common composite processes (layup, bagging, vacuum testing, polymer mixing, temp and process settings).
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus