AOT 260 - Office Word Processing Applications
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes the concepts of word processing for information management in an office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Developing professional documents
- Using mail merge to combine documents
- Adding color and formatting to documents
- The use of tables in documents
- The use of graphics in documents
- The development and use of newsletters
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- SAM 2007 Assessment, Projects, and Training V6.0
- Computer with Internet access and anti-virus software.
- Word processing software (must be able to save Word format)
- USB/jump drive or the hard drive (C:) of your personal PC will be used to download data files from the publishers website or the assignment drop box. These files will be modified for most of your projects and lab assignments.
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Create, edit, and format documents and publications.
- Create and modify tables.
- Insert and manipulate graphics.
- Create and publish Web pages.
- Merge documents.
- Create professional newsletters.
- Create online forms.
- Save Word files to PDF format.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus