AOT 263 - Office Database Applications
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes the concepts and structures of a database and the application of the concepts in an office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Microsoft Access 2013
- Skills Assessment Manager Office 2013 (SAM 2013) _ Assessment, Projects, and Training
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Create, edit, and format databases.
- Distinguish between various database objects and their purpose.
- Develop queries that provide business solutions.
- Design functional and visually appealing database forms.
- Design functional and visually appealing database reports.
- Design functional and visually appealing switchboards.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus