AUT 100 - Introduction to Automotive Hazardous Materials
Lab: 3 Credits: 1
This course is a basic study of the proper handling of hazardous materials found in automotive service centers. Topics include types of hazardous materials, handling of the materials, and their proper disposal.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Shop Safety
- Environmental and Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Materials Disposal
- EPA Regulations
- OSHA Regulations
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify automotive service related environmental issues.
- Differentiate automotive service environmental compliance issues into appropriate state and federal regulations.
- Identify automotive service related health and safety issues.
- Relate automotive service health and safety issues to regulations.
- Compose an environmental self-inspection survey of an automotive facility.
- Identify the required marks & labels required for automotive hazardous materials and after-market auto care products & chemicals.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus