AUT 107 - Advanced Engine Repair
Class: 3 Lab: 3 Credits: 4
This course includes an advanced application of engine fundamentals, including engine removal, internal diagnostic and repair procedures, engine assembly and installation procedures.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Cooling System Operation and Diagnosis
- Lubrication System and Diagnosis
- Gaskets and Sealants
- Camshafts, Valvetrain, and Engine Timing Components
- Engine Cleaning and Component Inspection
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Examine the four stroke cycle of an internal combustion engine.
- Identify the components of an internal combustion engine.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for internal combustion engine removal and installation.
- Classify the function of the major systems of an internal combustion engine.
- Identify the different types of engine coolants.
- Show the ability to diagnose base engine concerns.
- Describe the importance of and how the engine lubricating system works.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus