Apr 20, 2019
AUT 262 - Advanced Automotive Diagnosis and Repair
Lab: 12 Credits: 4
This course is an advanced study of the proper diagnostic and repair procedures required on newer computerized automobiles, including scan tool and digital multi-meter operation.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Electrical Circuit Diagnosis and Repair
- Electronic Devices Diagnosis and Repair
- Electrical Tools
- Scan Tool Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Differentiate between the different types of self-tests.
- Subdivide the different types of code outputs.
- Diagnose intermittent concerns using enhanced testing equipment.
- Subdivide the different types of input sensors.
- Subdivide the different types of output components.
- Show the ability to diagnose problems caused by failed or out of range inputs.
- Show the ability to diagnose problems caused by failed or out of range outputs.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus