Apr 23, 2019
AUT 275 - Alternate Technology Vehicle
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is the study of vehicles powered with gasoline engines in combination with other non-gasoline power systems. Hybrid, Fuel Cell, compressed gases and diesel/bio-diesel and Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI) technology will be covered in this course.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Hybrid Safety and Service Procedures
- Fuel Cells and Advanced Technologies
- Compressed Natural Gas
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the common alternative technology vehicle types.
- Identify the types and specifications of personal protective equipment required when working with hybrid electric vehicles.
- Outline the control systems for the hybrid technology.
- Classify the different types of hybrid vehicles.
- Illustrate the control systems for the compressed gas technology.
- Examine the control systems for the Bio-fuel technology.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus