Feb 23, 2019
BIO 112 - Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
Class: 3 Lab: 3 Credits: 4
This course is a basic integrated study of the structure and function of the human body.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 100 , RDG 100 , MAT 032 and (High School Biology or BIO 100 ) with a minimum grade of “C”.
- The terminology related to the anatomical organization and regulation of the body
- The basic chemistry of the body
- The structure and function of the cells and tissues of the body
- The structure and function of the integumentary system
- The structure and function of the skeletal and muscular systems
- The structure and function of the nervous system
- The structure and function of the endocrine system
- The structure and function of the lymphatic system to include immunity
- The structure and function of the cardiovascular system
- The structure and function of the respiratory system
- The structure and function of the digestive system to include metabolism
- The structure and function of the urinary and reproductive systems
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the anatomical organization of the body.
- Explain the relationship between the components of an atom and how chemical bonds are formed.
- Distinguish between the organelles of a cell and the functions of each.
- Describe the process of Mitosis and distinguish between the phases.
- Describe the organization of the four tissue types of the human body.
- Describe the organization of the 11 organ systems of the human body.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus