Mar 22, 2019
BIO 211 - Anatomy & Physiology II
Class: 3 Lab: 3 Credits: 4
This is a continuation of a sequence of courses, including intensive coverage of the body as an integrated whole. All body systems are studied.
Prerequisite(s): Take BIO 210 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Structure and function of the endocrine system
- Blood, blood cells, blood types, and hemostasis
- Structure and function of the cardiovascular system
- Structure and function of the lymphatic system
- Structure and function of the respiratory system
- Structure and function of the digestive system
- Structure and function of the urinary system
- Structure and function of the reproductive system
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
Any additional resources will be provided by the Instructor.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the various factors that may influence the degree of target cell activation.
- Explain the mechanisms involved in cardiac muscle contraction with consequential directional blood flow.
- Explain hypothalamic regulation of homeostasis through hormonal regulation.
- Recognize the involvement of the respiratory system in maintaining homeostasis blood pH.
- Describe the functions of digestive system hormones.
- Describe the basic purpose or function of the kidney medullary osmotic gradient.
- Identify the mechanisms involved in the production of viable gametes.
- List and explain the four phases of hemostasis.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus