Oct 26, 2020
CPT 202 - SQL Programming I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is an introduction to the writing of basic Structured Query Language (SQL) used in creating tables, inserting data, retrieving data, and manipulating data from database.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 242 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Learning how to work with SQL-Server
- Building a Database and Creating Tables
- Writing simple and advanced queries
- Creating Advanced Queries and Enhancing Table Design
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- USB Flash Drive (min. capacity 8 Gb.)
- Skills Assessment Manager Office 2013 (SAM 2013) - Assessment, Projects, and Training Microsoft
- Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Edition (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Illustrate components of SQL-Server.
- Design and create databases and tables using queries.
- Write SQL Statements.
- Create simple and complex SELECT statements.
- Use AGGREGATE functions in a query.
- Design and create reports.
- Create Stored Procedures and Triggers.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus