CPT 209 - Computer Systems Management
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course examines the methods and procedures used in maintaining microcomputer systems. Topics include hardware and software installation, configuration, operations, and troubleshooting.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Exploring various components of a computer system
- Building a personal computer system, configuring and upgrading hardware/software as needed
- Maintaining a personal computer system
- Installing and configure an operating system
- Using Windows troubleshooting tools
- Similarities/differences in the Android vs. Apple
- Participation in PCRx events to enhance customer service skills
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define and compare operating systems.
- Install and maintain Windows operating systems.
- Set up a simple LAN able to share resources on a network.
- Differentiate operating systems used on mobile devices.
- Research and document computer components.
- Build a personal computer system.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus