Oct 26, 2020
CPT 244 - Data Structures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course examines data structures widely used in programming. Topics include linked lists, stacks, queues, trees, and sorting and searching techniques.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 242 .
- Crystal Reports
- Using Action
- Using Macros
- Using and Writing Visual Basic codes in the Database
- Database Security and Split
- Database Normalizations and Relationships
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- USB Flash Drive (min. capacity 8 Gb.)
- Skills Assessment Manager Office 2013 (SAM 2013) - Assessment, Projects, and Training Microsoft
- Office 2013 especially Access Database from the Prerequisite course
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use Crystal Reports program to create custom reports.
- Use action queries and advanced table relationships.
- Automate database tasks with Macros.
- Write application codes in the database using Visual Basic.
- Manage and secure the database.
- Demonstrate competency in relational database and database design (normalization).
- Design and create tables in a blank database.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus