IST 222 - Introduction to Webpage Production
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is designed to develop skills in using common office and web development software to produce webpage content.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Introduction to the World Wide Web and Internet
- Coding with XHTML
- Formatting web pages CSS style sheets
- Web Page Layouts
- Web multimedia and interactivity
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- A computer with Internet access.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 (or higher) or other current browser
- Word processing software (must be able to save in a Microsoft Word format)
- A text editor such as Notepad++ (available free from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- Up-to-date antivirus program
- USB Flash drive
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the World Wide Web, the Internet, Web Standards, and Accessibility.
- Identify and use basic XHTML tags.
- Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format web pages.
- Organize and layout a web site.
- Use multimedia and interactivity on a web page.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus