Mar 19, 2019
MAT 152 - Elementary Algebra
Class: 5 Credits: 5
This course includes the following topics: operations with signed numbers and algebraic expression; solving linear equations; factoring; and an introduction to graphing.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 032 and RDG 032 .
- Performing operations with signed numbers
- Solving linear equations
- Graphing linear equations
- Completing operations with powers
- Factoring algebraic expressions
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Scientific calculator may be used beginning with Chapter 2.
Any other device must be approved by the instructor of the course.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform operations with signed numbers using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division without the use of a calculator.
- Solve linear equations using operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
- Graph linear equations by plotting points or using slope/intercept.
- Complete operations with powers using rules for exponents.
- Factor polynomials using the most appropriate factoring strategy.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus