Aug 07, 2022
Program Start Date: Fall or spring terms
Minimum Program Length: 64 academic weeks; 4 terms day or 5 terms evening; 61 credits
Curriculum Code: 35030
Management with Information Technology electives students develop management skills related to information technology. Students focus on database applications and supervision of information technology personnel and/or projects.
Students complete software applications and database projects. In addition, students complete accounting and finance simulations using microcomputer applications. Students develop problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
Information technology supervisor/manager, data analyst.
EEDA Career Cluster:
Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security; Business, Management & Administration
Information Technology Electives: 12 Credits
Elective: 3 Credits
- Any course that is not remedial or non-degree.
Core Requirements for Management
Total Credits: 61
Choose 12 Hours of Approved CPT/IST electives from the following: CPT 202 , CPT 209 , CPT 242 , CPT 244 , CPT 264 , CPT 282 , IST 166 , IST 222
** A grade of “C” or better is required.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Employ the four functions of management (plan, organize, lead, control).
- Apply human resource management skills, regulations and policies.
- Apply routine accounting, financial and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business ethics and law in assessing case studies.
- Apply local- and server-based database design concepts to the development of business-related forms, reports and queries.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak publicly, listen actively, and respond effectively.