Program Start Date: Fall or Spring terms
Minimum Program Length: 64 academic weeks; 4 terms day or 5 terms evening; 61 credits
Curriculum Code: 35030
Management students develop basic skills to plan, organize, lead and control activities in general business and industry settings. Focus will be placed on supervision, human resource management, accounting, financial planning, budgeting and computer applications. Additional skills will be developed based on the individualized plan of study developed by the student and department chair/academic advisor. This program is offered online as well as in traditional classes.
Students complete simulations and research projects in human resource management, accounting, finance and computer software applications.
Supervisor, assistant manager, department manager, project manager, account manager.
EEDA Career Cluster:
Government & Public Administration; Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security; Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources; Marketing, Sales & Service; Hospitality & Tourism; Business, Management & Demonstration; Finance
Elective Courses:15 Credits
- Any courses from ACC, BUS, ECO, LOG, MGT, MKT Credits: 15
Core Requirements for Management
Total Credits: 61
The student must complete elective courses with a “C” or better, which total at least 15 credit hours from ACC, BUS, ECO, LOG, MGT, OR MKT. HRT courses with permission of advisor.
** A grade of “C” or better is required.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Employ the four functions of management (plan, organize, lead, control).
- Apply human resource management skills, regulations and policies.
- Apply routine accounting, financial and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business ethics and law in assessing case studies.
- Survey practical business applications including marketing, office management, accounting, and upper levels of management.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak publicly, listen actively, and respond effectively.