Jan 18, 2021
ACC 230 - Cost Accounting I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of the accounting principles involved in job order cost systems. Topics will include the general flow of costs through a production cycle, and the preparation and use of job cost sheets. Process cost systems will be introduced.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 102 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Pre-determined Overhead Rate
- Absorption costing
- Variable costing
- Activity based costing
- Master budget
- Break-even analysis
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Process costing
- Equivalent Units of Production
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Online component access code (see instructor for details)
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze predetermined overhead rates, flexible budgets and absorption/variable costing.
- Compute product costs, overhead allocations, and overhead variances.
- Apply and evaluate the procedures for activity based costing.
- Develop and analyze a master budget.
- Apply the techniques involved in break-even analysis and cost-volume profit analysis.
- Prepare journal entries to account for variances.
- Compute equivalent units of production for process costing.
- Compute review problem solutions in a team based environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus