Sep 30, 2020
AOT 141 - Office Procedures I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This is an introductory course to a variety of office procedures and tasks using business equipment, systems, and procedures.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 and RDG 032 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Customer Service
- Computer and other office equipment
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- One (1) USB/jump drive
- 100 lined cards 3” x 5”
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate computer, office equipment and keyboarding proficiency.
- Role-play customer service scenarios.
- Prepare and revise written communications.
- Analyze and classify mailing documents.
- Evaluate filing documents.
- Create scheduling systems.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus