Jan 18, 2021
AOT 261 - Office Spreadsheet Applications
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes the concepts of spreadsheets for information management in an office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Workbooks versus Worksheets
- Excel spreadsheet functions
- Building formulas
- Sorting and searching worksheets for specific data
- The use of Charts and Graphs in representing data
- Developing professional worksheets
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Skills Assessment Manager Office 2013 (SAM 2013) _ Assessment, Projects, and Training
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Create, edit, and format spreadsheets.
- Develop tables and add graphics to a worksheet.
- Manage workbooks and prepare them for the Web.
- Create and Modify Formulas.
- Sort fields and create lists of specific data.
- Perform formula auditing and validation data.
- Demonstrate complex problem solving.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus