DAT 110 - Dental Terminology
Lecture Hours: 3 Lab Hours: 0 Clinical Hours: 0 Credits: 3
Description: This course provides a study of dental terminology as it relates to procedures and techniques used in dental assisting.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 and RDG 100 with a minimum grade of C.
- Formation of Teeth
- Dental Professionals and Facility Setups
- Infection Control
- Emergency Care
- Prevention and Examination
- Pharmacology and Pain Management
- Tooth Restorations
- Cosmetic Dentistry
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
- Computer with Internet access
- Word processing software (must be able to save Word format)
- Anti-virus software.
An overall grade of B or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize terms used in a dental practice, associating the need of breaking down each term into separate parts for combining into difficult words.
- List and locate terms related to the anatomy and oral structures.
- Associate tems related to the formation of teeth.
- Define words related to dental professionals and facility setups.
- List and describe use of terms related to infection control.
- Recognize terms related to emergency care.
- Restate terms related to prevention and examination.
- List and explain terms related to pharmacology and pain management.
- Describe term related to tooth restorations.
- Associate terms related to cosmetic dentistry.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus