DAT 121 - Dental Health Education
Lecture Hours: 2 Lab Hours: 0 Clinical Hours: 0 Credits: 2
Description: This course defines the responsibilities of the dental assistant in individual and community dental health education with emphasis on the etiology of dental disease, methods for prevention, and principles of nutrition in relationship to oral health and preventive dentistry.
- Dental Caries
- Periodontal Disease
- Preventive Dentistry
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
An overall grade of B or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the importance Nutrition and its relationship to dental health and oral conditions in dentistry.
- Describe and demonstrate the importance of ergonomics and the goal of the dental health team.
- Recognize dental caries.
- Recognize periodontal disease.
- Discuss preventive dentistry.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus