DAT 122 - Dental Office Management
Lecture Hours: 1 Lab Hours: 3 Clinical Hours: 0 Credits: 2
Description: This course provides a study of the business aspect of a dental office.
- Communication in the Dental Office
- Business Operating Systems
- Financial Management in the Dental Office
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
An overall grade of B or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate professional communication skills with patients (verbal and nonverbal).
- Discuss and identify types of written communications that originate from a dental practice.
- Demonstrate and describe business operating systems used within a dental office.
- Discuss the role of the assistant in making financial arrangements and when such arrangements should be made.
- Describe the function of computerized practice management systems and manual bookkeeping systems.
- Describe account procedures.
- Identify banking responsibilities associated with a dental practice.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus