HSS 101 - Introduction to Humanities
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3
Description: This course includes an introduction to themes, critical approaches, and major contributors to the humanities.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 100 and RDG 100 .
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
- Access to computer with Internet access.
- Ability to format documents as .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .html.
- Internet access.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define and apply the terminology associated with major art forms.
- Discuss the characteristics and significance of human creativity within the various artistic expressions.
- Participate in the creative process through activities both on and off-campus.
- Critique an artistic experience in the local community.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus