Dec 10, 2023
MAT 110 - College Algebra
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3
Description: This course includes the following topics: polynomial, rational, logarithmic, and exponential functions; inequalities; systems of equations and inequalities; matrices; determinants; and solutions of higher degree polynomials.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 102 or MAT 153 with a minimum grade of C.
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Graphs and Functions
- Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Matrices and Determinants
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
- Texas Instruments TI-83 or TI-84 graphing calculator.
- Any other device must be approved by the instructor of the course.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze nonlinear functions by graphing and using transformations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complex number system by performing basic operations to simplify complex number expressions.
- Solve polynomial and rational functions by applying appropriate methods; or solve polynomial and rational inequalities by graphing.
- Evaluate exponential or logarithmic functions by applying specific properties.
- Solve systems of equations by employing graphing, applying algebraic methods, or using matrices.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus