RES 141 - Respiratory Skills III
Lecture Hours: 2 Lab Hours: 3 Clinical Hours: 0 Credits: 3
Description: This course covers mechanical ventilation systems, pediatrics and associated monitors.
- Basic adult mechanical ventilation and application
- Establishing the need for ventilation
- Basic adult non-invasive ventilation and application
- Basic ventilator modes and settings
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
The standard mathematical procedure of rounding will be applied to arrive at a whole number percentage in the final grade calculation.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Establish the need for mechanical ventilation.
- Demonstrate non-invasive ventilation.
- Select the ventilator and the mode based on clinical finding and assessment data.
- Determine initial ventilator settings.
- Modify ventilator settings based on patient clinical findings.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus