Dec 10, 2023
RES 255 - Clinical Practice
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 0 Clinical Hours: 15 Credits: 5
Description: This course includes clinical training with emphasis on intensive care.
- Application of adult floor and critical care aerosol therapy
- Application of patient assessment skills in the adult floor and critical care setting
- Application of oxygen modalities in the adult floor and critical care setting
- Application of pulmonary function testing
- Application of respiratory care in the neonatal intensive care units
- Principals of cleaning, storage, assembly, use, theory and operation of equipment
- Demonstration of the patient assessment process with physician interaction.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
In addition to the items below, the student is also required to maintain a current CPR card and TB testing within one year at all times.
- Required uniform
- Name tag
- Student patch
- Watch with a second hand
- Black ink pen
- Clinical syllabus
- Clinical log forms as outlined in the student handbook.
The standard mathematical procedure of rounding will be applied to arrive at a whole number percentage in the final grade calculation.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate concepts and principals of adult floor therapy learned in the classroom and laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of adult floor therapy learned in the classroom and laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory, operation, cleaning, storage, assembly, and use of equipment used in respiratory care.
- Develop and demonstrate the patient assessment process with physician interactions.
- Conduct himself/herself in an ethical and professional manner.
- Prepare for mass casualties/disasters.
- Complete FEMA 100, 200 and 700 modules.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus