Dec 10, 2023
MLT 112 - Introduction to Parasitology
Lecture Hours: 2 Lab Hours: 0 Credits: 2
Description: This course provides an introductory study of human parasites, including classification, life cycles, and differential morphology of the medically important parasites.
Prerequisite(s): Take MLT 131 and MLT 210 with a minimum grade of C.
Corequisite(s): Take MLT 251 and MLT 252 .
- Specimen processing for detection and identification of parasites
- Protozoan Parasites
- Blood and Tissue Parasites
- Coccidian Parasites
- Parasites of the Immunocompromised
- Helminth Parasites
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn website
- Materials requried for D2L online courses and textbook.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 70 - 79
D = 60 - 69
F = 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the procedures used in the processing and identifying of medically important parasites.
- Analyze morphology, immunologic tests and biochemical tests for identification of intentinal, blood, and tissue parasites.
- Correlate laboratory findings with diseases and treatments.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Course Policies that include:
- Identity Verification
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Orientation and Support
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard Course Policies on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Add/Drop period
- Classroom Conduct
- Equal Access
- IT Access
- Online Behavior
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Student Concerns
- Student Help Services
Official Course Syllabus